Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tropical getaway


It's cold here. Cold and snowy. I try my best not to leave the house when it's cold and snowy because I much prefer my warm and toasty house. As an attempt to forget the frozen tundra that is my yard, I decided to throw something tropical together for breakfast.

Strawberry Coconut Smoothie

1 C Coconut milk
1/2 C Vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 C Frozen Mango pieces
1 C Frozen Strawberries
1/4 C Organic Coconut Palm sugar
Juice from half a lime
1/4 C Toasted coconut, plus extra for garnish if desired
Handful of ice (if using fresh fruit. If using frozen fruit like I did, it's not necessary)


Toast your coconut by spreading evenly on a baking sheet. I used the toast setting on my Smart Oven and toasted it for 3 minutes, mixing it up about halfway through toast time. Combine all ingredients in order listed. Blend for 30-40 seconds, or until smooth. Pour and garnish....enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment