Monday, February 2, 2015

Green Hulk Smoothie



Until last year, I'd spent most of my life living in Indiana. Now I'm in Illinois, about an hour West of Chicago. Indiana winters always bring snow, but forecasters usually OVER estimate the amount of snow that is going to fall. They freak everyone out by telling them that there will be 12" of snow by the AM, but when one wakes up the next day there MIGHT be 2" on the ground. Needless to say, I'm used to the forecast being significantly wrong about snow.

Apparently, in Chicago things tend to be pretty accurate when it comes to the forecast. The prediction was for lots of snow to start Saturday night and continue into Sunday morning. As predicted, the snow began Saturday night, while I was at my PT job. By the time I left at 10pm the snow was starting to accumulate. When I woke up to go to work in the morning there were maaaany inches of snow on the ground, but I hopped into my truck and hit the road. I worked for 4 hours and within that time about 2.5" accumulated on my truck roof. (yuck!) After I brushed it off I head home to enjoy my day. Throughout the day the forecasters kept upping the snowfall, and actually intensified the Winter Storm warning to a Blizzard warning. This was very different from the Indiana warnings I'm accustomed to because I'm so used to predictions not coming true. Well, here they were true, and surpassed what the weather guys anticipated. Here is a pic of my deck this morning. Last night we stuck a tape measure in the snow, and it measured 15". This morning you can't even see the mark where we measured the accumulation. Needless to say, I am NOT leaving the house unless absolutely necessary.

Saturday, before the snow began we hit Costco, thank goodness! I stocked up on my smoothie fruits and veggies, so I'm golden for a while. Here is what I came up for today. I gave some to my 3 year old, who called it his Hulk drink. I say, he can call it whatever he wants, as long as he enjoys the healthy benefits!



Hulk Smash Smoothie

2 C Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 Ripe banana
2 C Frozen pineapple
2 C Fresh spinach
1 Tbsp Lime juice
1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Palm Sugar

Combine all ingredients in blender, in order listed, and blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth. Fill your glasses and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment