Monday, February 9, 2015

Detox Smoothie....take one

Detox smoothies. Hmm....I've not tried a smoothie that specifically claimed to be Detox because it usually didn't sound super tasty. I received an email from a website called Simple Green Smoothies and it contained a recipe for a detox smoothie. Since I had most of the ingredients I went ahead and threw one together.

Umm...it was definitely different. It was kinda sweet, but mostly not. It was pretty spicy, which was different from my normal sweet smoothies. Will I make it again? I don't know. Am I willing to try more detox smoothies? Absolutely. I didn't want to mess with the recipe TOO much because I didn't want to take away it's Detox factor. Original recipe called for Kale, instead of Spinach. Also, original only wanted 1/2 a banana and a whole orange versus 2 cuties (I'm a mom....I have cuties, not big oranges!) 

Here's what I came up with.

Orange Lime Detox Smoothie

1 C Filtered water
2 Tsp Fresh lime juice
1 2 Cutie oranges 
2" Peeled ginger root
1 Frozen banana
2 Tbsp Fresh parsley
1 1/2 C Fresh spinach
2 Tbsp Chia seeds
**Agave nectar, to sweeten it up a bit

Combine all ingredients in blender and blend for about 30 seconds, or until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment