Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chocolate Chia Smoothie



Sometimes I just NEED chocolate. Today was one of those days. I was getting hungry, but all I wanted was a huge candy bar. Since I didn't really feel good about eating my weight in chocolate, I thought I'd throw some stuff into the Vitamix in hopes of satisfying my craving. (Psssst! It worked!)

What's wonderful about this smoothie is that not only did it take away my chocolate withdrawal, it kept me full for several hours due to the chia seeds filling my tummy! This one is great on it's own, but I think it will be adaptable to incorporate Nutella or peanut butter, too! I'll keep you posted.



Chocolate Smoothie

1 C Skim milk
1 Banana
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (Guittard is my go-to Cocoa powder!)
1 C Fresh Spinach leaves
1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
2-3 Tbsp Chia seeds
1 C Ice

Combine all ingredients in order listed. Blend for 30 seconds. Pour and enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment