Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chocolate and Almonds and Cherries....oh my!


Around Thanksgiving time I bought a bag of Nestle DelightFulls. They are dark chocolate morsels with cherry flavored filling. Uhh....YUM! For some reason I struggled to find a good use for them, but last night I decided to just throw them into my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough. The dough is for a super soft cookie, so I figured they'd be ok. When I opened the bag to pour them in I tasted one and just about died. They were soooooo good! If I hadn't already made the cookie dough, I probably would have just eaten them all from the bag. Chocolate covered cherry anything rocks my world, so these cookies quickly became my favorite. Now all I have to do is remember where I bought those chips!

Needless to say, I'm officially on a chocolate covered cherry kick, so why not throw together a smoothie that helps sooth my craving? I've had a bag of unsweetened dark cherries in my freezer for a couple months, so I pulled them out and threw this together. I added a couple tsp if Agave nectar to add some sweetness, but if you use almond milk, or vanilla soy milk, you probably won't need to do that. Enjoy!

Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie

1 C Soy milk
2 Tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 C Frozen unsweetened dark cherries
2 Tbsp Raw almonds

Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend for about 30 seconds.

1 comment: