Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie


Oatmeal....in a smoothie? If I didn't have a Vitamix, I'd immediately dismiss it because I am afraid that there would be pieces. Luckily, I DO have a Vitamix, so I can blend EVERYTHING with no problem-o. (Don't be jealous, just go get one!)

I was nosing around Pinterest and came across a recipe I thought looked good, so I gave it a whirl. After following the recipe (sort of) I didn't care for it. I changed it up, which improved the end result, but still didn't make me fall in love. Below is the original vs. my variation.

Strawberries & Cream Smoothie

1 C Frozen strawberries
1/2 C Vanilla yogurt
3/4 C Milk
1/2 C Uncooked oatmeal
1 tsp Vanilla



Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
My version

1 C Thawed strawberries
1/2 C Vanilla Greek yogurt
3/4 C Soymilk
1/2 C Old Fashioned Oats, uncooked
....then I added:
1 Frozen banana
2 Tsp  Agave nectar

Combine all ingredients in blender and process for 20-30 seconds, until smooth. Pour and serve! Smoothie is thiiiiiick, so if you have a thicker straw, use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment